The reason for offering replacement studs stems from the fact that our testing found that no available head stud was compatible with our Nickies™ or any aluminum cylinders for that matter, with exception of the 911 models equipped with aluminum cylinders from the factory. In most cases, the factory head studs are unable to perform satisfactorily under the increased expansion of an aluminum cylinder, in most cases leading to head leaks and fastener fatigue.
On 911 models, certain engines came fitted with Dilivar head studs, which were designed to match the expansion of the cylinders, but also suffered from hydrogen embrittlement, which is a condition that results from the accumulation of hydrogen gas in the atomic structure of the metal. This gas flows to the point of high stress (stress risers) and causes microscopic cracks. The hydrogen then flows to the “new” crack tip and causes it to crack further. In this way the crack moves across the part, because the crack-tip IS the stress riser. Finally the crack gets so large that the section is not large enough to support the load. Hydrogen embrittlement can take place without tensile stress. ARP® employs a baking process that purges hydrogen gas from the steel, eliminating this problem.
The Seller, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either express or implied, including any implied warranty of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any
liability in connection with the sale of this part(s) and/or service. Buyer shall not be entitled to recover any consequential
damages, damages to property, damages for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profits, or income, or any other incidental
damages. In addition, expressly excluded is any liability for defects pertaining to safety or performance, by way of ‘‘strict
liability’’, negligence or otherwise. In the event of non-payment, the Buyer agrees that the costs of collection including court
cost, and reasonable attorney’s fees, shall be recoverable from the Buyer. The Buyer has read and with any transaction,
agrees to all of the terms and conditions in connection with the Seller.
• All Returns/Exchanges Require Written or Verbal Pre-Authorization and RMA Number.
• Positively No Exchanges Without This Invoice.
• No Refunds On Opened Packages Or Used Parts.
• Items Returned Must Be In Original Packaging.
• No Refunds On Special Orders.
• No Return On IMS Parts.
• No Refunds After 30 Days.
• 25% Handling Charge On All Returned Items.
• No Returns On Electrical Parts.
• Refund On Purchases Paid By Check Are Refunded After Check Clears.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty on NSC plating provided by Millennium Technologies LLC and subject to their terms and conditions.
• There is no warranty on blocks processed with the Nickies Lite direct plating process.
• Any Damage Must Be Reported to the Shipper and LN within 24 Hours of Receipt.