VW Type 4 Porsche 914 912E ARP Performance Cylinder Head Stud Kit
Instructions and Specifications
Operations Performed During Shortblock Assembly
- Remove old cylinder head studs from crankcase.
- Clean the threads in the case with proper thread chase. There should be
no binding of the stud when it is screwed into the case by hand.
- Install the eight studs that go into blind holes with anti-seize
lubricant and the eight studs that go into through holes with a non-curing
sealant, such as Hylomar or Curil-T, since it allows repositioning of the
cylinder head stud later on if required.
Operations Performed During Longblock Assembly
- After installing cylinders and heads onto the engine, apply the supplied
ARP moly-lube to the fine threads of each stud.
- Apply non-hardening sealant on both sides of the washer, then install washers and nuts as
normal. The nuts fit either a 12-point 7/16” or 12-point 11mm socket.
Tighten each nut to a “snug” fit with no preload.
- Tighten all nuts to 14 ft-lb in the following sequence:
6 4 2 8
7 1 3 5
- Tighten nuts again to 28 ft-lb using the same pattern.
- Tighten nuts to the final torque spec of 32 ft-lb using the same
- Repeat above step to ensure that all nuts received the proper preload.
- Wipe off excess moly lube on studs.
Operations Performed After Engine Break-In
- Re-torque cylinder heads after first 100 miles to final 32 ft-lb torque
Your head studs are designed to the highest standards and manufactured by
ARP in the United States. The threads on the crankcase-side are M12x1.75 and on
the head-side are 3/8”-24 and hardware has a corrosion-resistant black-oxide
Cross Reference: 025101147A, 021101147A
The Seller, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either express or implied, including any implied warranty of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any
liability in connection with the sale of this part(s) and/or service. Buyer shall not be entitled to recover any consequential
damages, damages to property, damages for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profits, or income, or any other incidental
damages. In addition, expressly excluded is any liability for defects pertaining to safety or performance, by way of ‘‘strict
liability’’, negligence or otherwise. In the event of non-payment, the Buyer agrees that the costs of collection including court
cost, and reasonable attorney’s fees, shall be recoverable from the Buyer. The Buyer has read and with any transaction,
agrees to all of the terms and conditions in connection with the Seller.
• All Returns/Exchanges Require Written or Verbal Pre-Authorization and RMA Number.
• Positively No Exchanges Without This Invoice.
• No Refunds On Opened Packages Or Used Parts.
• Items Returned Must Be In Original Packaging.
• No Refunds On Special Orders.
• No Return On IMS Parts.
• No Refunds After 30 Days.
• 25% Handling Charge On All Returned Items.
• No Returns On Electrical Parts.
• Refund On Purchases Paid By Check Are Refunded After Check Clears.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty on NSC plating provided by Millennium Technologies LLC and subject to their terms and conditions.
• There is no warranty on blocks processed with the Nickies Lite direct plating process.
• Any Damage Must Be Reported to the Shipper and LN within 24 Hours of Receipt.