Don't risk a connecting rod failure on your $15-20k rebuild. The factory connecting rod utilized in the M96 and M97 engine is manufactured using a powdered metal process and feature cracked caps. This method of manufacturing helps reduce cost, but results in a connecting rod with a limited fatigue life and that is not rebuildable.
Suitable for stock, street driven rebuilds or bore sizes up to 99mm where the piston weight does not exceed the original piston weight and rev limit also is not increased, you can simply change the rod bolts to a set of ARP bolts to address the known issue of weak stock rod bolts.
However, for bore sizes 101mm or larger or that will see autocross or track use, the stock connecting rod should always be changed out with a true forged connecting rod, like the K1 rods offered by LN Engineering.
We recommend coated rod and main bearings (sold separately) on all M96/M97 engines and ARP crankshaft carrier bolts. ARP head studs/bolts optional.
The Seller, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either express or implied, including any implied warranty of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any
liability in connection with the sale of this part(s) and/or service. Buyer shall not be entitled to recover any consequential
damages, damages to property, damages for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profits, or income, or any other incidental
damages. In addition, expressly excluded is any liability for defects pertaining to safety or performance, by way of ‘‘strict
liability’’, negligence or otherwise. In the event of non-payment, the Buyer agrees that the costs of collection including court
cost, and reasonable attorney’s fees, shall be recoverable from the Buyer. The Buyer has read and with any transaction,
agrees to all of the terms and conditions in connection with the Seller.
• All Returns/Exchanges Require Written or Verbal Pre-Authorization and RMA Number.
• Positively No Exchanges Without This Invoice.
• No Refunds On Opened Packages Or Used Parts.
• Items Returned Must Be In Original Packaging.
• No Refunds On Special Orders.
• No Return On IMS Parts.
• No Refunds After 30 Days.
• 25% Handling Charge On All Returned Items.
• No Returns On Electrical Parts.
• Refund On Purchases Paid By Check Are Refunded After Check Clears.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty on NSC plating provided by Millennium Technologies LLC and subject to their terms and conditions.
• There is no warranty on blocks processed with the Nickies Lite direct plating process.
• Any Damage Must Be Reported to the Shipper and LN within 24 Hours of Receipt.