After a very extensive R & D program we are proud to launch the new 981 IPD 82mm Competition Plenums. We only offer "Competition" versions of the 981 Plenums which upgrades the factory 74mm throttle body with the larger 997 GT3 82mm throttle body. This combination has proven to be considerably more popular and deliver even more performance. This Competition version will work with both 3.4 "S" and 2.9 "Non-S" applications.
The 981 intake is nearly identical to the 987.2 intake. Porsche made a few upgrades with the 981, most notably being that the 981 draws outside air from both driver and passenger air intakes instead of the driver's side only as previously found with all 986, 987 and 987.2 applications. IPD has developed a custom silicone hose designed to perfectly fit the larger 82mm TB and considerably improve air flow.
The new 981 Plenums also benefits from the internal dimpling effect that we are now implementing on all future Plenums. This internal dimpling allows us to control the boundary layer and maximize air flow. Just like a dimpled golf ball travels farther than a smooth golf ball. Controlled turbulent air creates less friction and "tumbles" over a given area more efficiently.
Power gains with the 981 Competition Plenum are virtually the same as with the 987.2 Competition Plenum, putting down 20 horsepower and 16 foot pounds of torque at the wheels. The bulk of the power gains from the IPD Plenum begin around 4000 rpm, continues all the way through to redline and become fully realized in the 6000 rpm range. IPD performance gains stay above both factory power curves throughout the entire rev range.
**The 987.2 Competition 82mm IPD Plenum requires the additional purchase of the 997 GT3 82mm TB.**
The Seller, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either express or implied, including any implied warranty of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any
liability in connection with the sale of this part(s) and/or service. Buyer shall not be entitled to recover any consequential
damages, damages to property, damages for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profits, or income, or any other incidental
damages. In addition, expressly excluded is any liability for defects pertaining to safety or performance, by way of ‘‘strict
liability’’, negligence or otherwise. In the event of non-payment, the Buyer agrees that the costs of collection including court
cost, and reasonable attorney’s fees, shall be recoverable from the Buyer. The Buyer has read and with any transaction,
agrees to all of the terms and conditions in connection with the Seller.
• All Returns/Exchanges Require Written or Verbal Pre-Authorization and RMA Number.
• Positively No Exchanges Without This Invoice.
• No Refunds On Opened Packages Or Used Parts.
• Items Returned Must Be In Original Packaging.
• No Refunds On Special Orders.
• No Return On IMS Parts.
• No Refunds After 30 Days.
• 25% Handling Charge On All Returned Items.
• No Returns On Electrical Parts.
• Refund On Purchases Paid By Check Are Refunded After Check Clears.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty on NSC plating provided by Millennium Technologies LLC and subject to their terms and conditions.
• There is no warranty on blocks processed with the Nickies Lite direct plating process.
• Any Damage Must Be Reported to the Shipper and LN within 24 Hours of Receipt.