The 996 3.6L X51 package was typically found on the "40th Anniversary" limited edition cars (MY 2004) but could also be special ordered by performance minded customers. The X51 engine package increased horsepower from the standard 316 up to 345.
The X51 Carrera's came equipped with a variety performance upgrades, both internally and externally, that made the cars very desirable for Porsche drivers looking for something closer to the GT3 experience.
The X51 engine package was blessed with many wonderful internal performance upgrades but Porsche still utilized the factory air distributor opening the door for the IPD Plenum to provide even more additional power.
The 996 X51 IPD Plenum is designed to use all the pre-existing factory hardware and OE 74mm throttle body. The revolutionary design of the IPD "Y" style Intake Plenum increase horsepower by 24 and torque by 22 (at the wheels).
The X51 Plenum is a direct bolt on replacement and installation is relatively straight forward for mechanically inclined DIY customers although IPD strongly recommends all Plenum installations be performed by a trained and qualified Porsche technician.
The Seller, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either express or implied, including any implied warranty of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any
liability in connection with the sale of this part(s) and/or service. Buyer shall not be entitled to recover any consequential
damages, damages to property, damages for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profits, or income, or any other incidental
damages. In addition, expressly excluded is any liability for defects pertaining to safety or performance, by way of ‘‘strict
liability’’, negligence or otherwise. In the event of non-payment, the Buyer agrees that the costs of collection including court
cost, and reasonable attorney’s fees, shall be recoverable from the Buyer. The Buyer has read and with any transaction,
agrees to all of the terms and conditions in connection with the Seller.
• All Returns/Exchanges Require Written or Verbal Pre-Authorization and RMA Number.
• Positively No Exchanges Without This Invoice.
• No Refunds On Opened Packages Or Used Parts.
• Items Returned Must Be In Original Packaging.
• No Refunds On Special Orders.
• No Return On IMS Parts.
• No Refunds After 30 Days.
• 25% Handling Charge On All Returned Items.
• No Returns On Electrical Parts.
• Refund On Purchases Paid By Check Are Refunded After Check Clears.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty on NSC plating provided by Millennium Technologies LLC and subject to their terms and conditions.
• There is no warranty on blocks processed with the Nickies Lite direct plating process.
• Any Damage Must Be Reported to the Shipper and LN within 24 Hours of Receipt.