RND RS Cylindrical Roller IMS Bearing Replacement Retrofit Kit
RND RS Cylindrical Roller Intermediate Shaft Bearing for Porsche Boxster, Cayman, and 911 Engines
The RND RS Roller IMS Bearing Kit is the only IMS roller bearing replacement with true thrust control. Cylindrical roller bearings provide great lateral load capacity, sacrificing their maximum load cap in thrust (axial movement). That’s why precise thrust control is crucial for bearing’s longevity and reliability. RND Roller Bearing IMS Retrofit kit is the only solution on the market that uses properly engineered and heat treated 52100 bearing steel thrust surfaces that support both radial and axial loads internally.
Unlike competitor bearings that require the use of loctite to hold the bearing in place, the RND RS Roller IMS retains a snap ring to properly secure your new IMS bearing in place. Installation does not require modifications to the engine case or an oil feed; the RND RS Roller kit uses an open bearing that is oiled by the M96 engine's wet sump where the IMS is partially submerged in oil during operation providing more than adequate lubrication for the intermediate shaft bearing.
The RND RS Roller IMS Kit is the only cylindrical roller bearing for Porsche Boxster, Cayman, and 911 engines sold and distributed by SSF Imported Auto Parts to European repair facilities nationwide and their e-commerce partners.
RND RS Roller IMS Bearing Benefits Include:
- RND IMS bearing kit uses top quality Koyo cylindrical roller bearings where other companies use inferior quality budget bearings
- No oil system modification required – no risk of compromising the intermediate shaft or oiling efficiency due to pressure losses
- Backed by industry leaders and European repair specialists
- 2-year/24,000 miles limited parts warranty
- 4 years or 50,000 mile service interval (whichever comes first)
- Utilize existing IMS tools and procedures with LN IMS Pro Tool Kit 106-08.13
- Bearing is properly retained with snap ring or spiro-loc unlike the competitor bearings that use no retention mechanism
- Equivalent load rating to LN Engineering’s dual row ceramic hybrid ball bearing. Click here to learn more about roller bearings compared to ball bearings for use in Porsche intermediate shafts.