Did you know the factory thermostat doesn't start to even open until 186.8F and doesn't fully open until almost 210F? This causes hot spots inside your engine that can result in cracked heads and cylinder failures from overheating. Our 160F low temperature thermostat is not available from any other vendor and features a calibrated, German-made 160F thermostat. It is calibrated to allow thermostat opening a full 20-25F degrees earlier than the factory thermostat.
That means that the the low temperature thermostat is designed to be fully open by 180-185F, allowing for full flow to the cooling system to maximize cooling potential. With high on-track water and oil temperatures, the 9A1 engine can use every bit of cooling it can get.
The thermostat sold by LN Engineering is the only one used and recommended by Flat 6 Innovations and should be installed anytime a new Genuine Porsche water pump is installed, which should be replaced no later than 4 years or 50,000. Please be sure to remove your bumper cover and clean out your radiators for maximum cooling benefit!
We recommend using Driven CSP (Cooling System Protector) and also fitting 9A1 engines that are tracked with a 2.5 quart deep sump for maximum engine cooling (up to a 40F oil temperature drop has been reported).
Application note: Even if you have cleaned out your radiators, please be advised, some late-model cars do not report actual coolant temperature, so some users will not see any visible change in operating temperature when fitted with a 160F low temperature thermostat.
Replaces Porsche part numbers 99610612552, 99610612553, and 99610601361. Alternate lookup 102200060. Does not fit GT2, GT3, or Turbo models.
*Thermostat housing gasket sold separately*
The Seller, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either express or implied, including any implied warranty of
merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any
liability in connection with the sale of this part(s) and/or service. Buyer shall not be entitled to recover any consequential
damages, damages to property, damages for loss of use, loss of time, loss of profits, or income, or any other incidental
damages. In addition, expressly excluded is any liability for defects pertaining to safety or performance, by way of ‘‘strict
liability’’, negligence or otherwise. In the event of non-payment, the Buyer agrees that the costs of collection including court
cost, and reasonable attorney’s fees, shall be recoverable from the Buyer. The Buyer has read and with any transaction,
agrees to all of the terms and conditions in connection with the Seller.
• All Returns/Exchanges Require Written or Verbal Pre-Authorization and RMA Number.
• Positively No Exchanges Without This Invoice.
• No Refunds On Opened Packages Or Used Parts.
• Items Returned Must Be In Original Packaging.
• No Refunds On Special Orders.
• No Return On IMS Parts.
• No Refunds After 30 Days.
• 25% Handling Charge On All Returned Items.
• No Returns On Electrical Parts.
• Refund On Purchases Paid By Check Are Refunded After Check Clears.
• Limited Lifetime Warranty on NSC plating provided by Millennium Technologies LLC and subject to their terms and conditions.
• There is no warranty on blocks processed with the Nickies Lite direct plating process.
• Any Damage Must Be Reported to the Shipper and LN within 24 Hours of Receipt.